Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. PT.
COVID-19 vaccinations in nursing homes must continue to increase to keep the virus out of facilities and protect vulnerable residents and staff. However, concerns, questions, and other important issues may slow uptake of the vaccine. Leaders and colleagues need to have meaningful conversations with staff and residents to address these topics and make people feel safe, heard, and supported. Motivational interviewing (MI) is one effective tactic that supports non-judgmental, collaborative conversations to educate and support staff and residents in their vaccination decision.
This webinar will:
- Identify why nursing home staff and residents may not agree to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Describe how motivational interviewing can be used to build trust and rapport through thoughtful conversation and review resources leaders can use practically in their everyday conversations.
- Demonstrate how to apply motivational interviewing techniques using scripted role-playing examples.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)