Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 12:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. ET.
The Emergency Preparedness Requirements final rule established national requirements for Medicare and Medicaid providers. During this call, we will discuss the new requirements and revisions in the final rule, as well as how to plan for both natural and man-made disasters, while coordinating with other emergency preparedness systems. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
- Provisions of the final rule
- Enforcement process
- Overview of available technical assistance
The final rule applies to 17 categories of providers and suppliers:
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Long-Term Care Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Nursing Facilities
- Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
- Transplant Centers
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Clinics, Rehabilitation Agencies, and Public Health Agencies as Providers of Outpatient Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Organ Procurement Organizations
- Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
- End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities
We will post the call presentation at least one day in advance on the MLN Connects National Provider Calls and Events webpage. We will post the audio recording and written transcript approximately 2 weeks after the call.
Registration will close at 12:00 PM ET on the day of the call or when available space has been filled.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Continuing education credits may be awarded by some organizations for participation in MLN Connects Calls. For more information, visit the Continuing Education Credit Information webpage.