Friday, September 30, 2016, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. ET.
To meet the CMS ESRD QIP NHSN reporting requirements for Payment Year 2018, outpatient hemodialysis clinics must submit their second quarter 2016 Dialysis Event data collected from April 1, 2016 through June 30, 2016, by Friday, September 30, 2016. New or revised second quarter data entered into NHSN after September 30 will not be sent to CMS. Therefore, please be aware that any changes or corrections to second quarter 2016 data should be made prior to the reporting deadline.
We recommend using the following resources to review your data before the deadline. These resources and others can be found on the Dialysis Event homepage:
- Review the NHSN Dialysis Event Protocol to ensure all data were correctly reported to NHSN.
- Use the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for CMS ESRD QIP guide to verify your facility has met the minimum CMS reporting requirements.
- Refer to the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for Bloodstream Infections guide to review your facility’s bloodstream infection rates.
Contact the NHSN Helpdesk (email@example.com, subject line ‘Dialysis’) with any questions.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- Join the HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)