Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET.
The CDC estimates that at least 2 million people are infected with antibiotic resistant bacteria and at least 23,000 people die each year as a result of those infections. As the most trusted profession that spends that most time with patients, the nurses’ presence and leadership in developing antibiotic stewardship programs (ASPs) is essential.
This webinar will use the ANA and CDC white paper as the framework to describe the problem of antibiotics resistance, embrace the nurses expanded role in hospital ASPs and describe key reasons for nurse leaders to be engaged with antimicrobial stewardship.
Please join us as this webinar will also discuss faculty and student roles in antibiotic stewardship and the significance of adherence to clinical practice guidelines in the educational setting.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- Join the HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)