What are my Treatment Options?
When your kidneys fail, you must decide on a treatment to replace kidney function. Each treatment choice has advantages and disadvantages. You may also choose to forego treatment.
Treatment options include:
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Transplant
By learning about your choices, you can better decide what's best for you.
The Spanish language version of this booklet provides information on how to choose the best treatment option for YOU.View Resource
This one page document for patients provides some ideas to help promote comfort and ease patients' pain that can be tried before moving to medication.View Resource
This guide discusses how a kidney transplant works.View Resource
- About Us
- Care Transitions
- Contact Us
- Emergency Preparedness
- ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC) ACTivation Newsletters
- ESRD Network 15 Agreement
- Events Calendar
- For Patients and Families
- For Providers
- Learning and Action Networks
- Network 15 Podcasts
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- Quality Improvement Activities