January 2020 | Blood Stream Infection (BSI) QIA LAN
Promoting Bloodstream Infection (BSI) Prevention with Patient-Centered Resources: The Role of the National Patient and Family Engagement (NPFE) Learning and Action Network (LAN) | View Recording
Jerome Bailey, BA
Kim Buettner, BA
Sardeliah Pearson, BSI Affinity Group Subject Matter Expert, was involved with the development and testing of the Test Your Hand Hygiene Knowledge Interactive Tutorial. Ms. Pearson volunteered with the National Patient and Family Engagement (NPFE) LAN for one year and she also volunteers for the ESRD Network 14 of Texas.
Jerome A. Bailey, BA, is the Associate Director of Patient and Family Engagement for the ESRD NCC. Mr. Bailey has been instrumental in forging new pathways for patients to remain connected in the virtual LAN and providing multiple avenues for patients to share their perspectives.
Kim Buettner, BA, is the Associate Director of Patient and Family Engagement for the ESRD NCC. Ms. Buettner leads patient and family engagement efforts by collaborating with ESRD Networks and community stakeholders through person-centered partnerships with renal patients and their family members.
Identified the role of the NPFE-LAN in fostering patient engagement to develop education resources.
Discussed resources created by the NPFE-LAN BSI Affinity Group.
Shared methods for spreading the resources with patients.
One Continuing Education Credit Opportunity:
Click here (HSAG website) if you are already registered in the Learning Management Center (LMC).
Click here (HSAG website) to register for the LMC and then access the course.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- Join the HSAG HQIC Partnership
ESRD Networks Home
- ESRD Network 7
- ESRD Network 13
ESRD Network 15
- About Us
- Care Transitions
- Contact Us
- Emergency Preparedness
- ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC) ACTivation Newsletters
- ESRD Network 15 Agreement
- Events Calendar
- For Patients and Families
- For Providers
Learning and Action Networks
- Blood Stream Infection (BSI) QIA LAN January, 2020
- Bloodstream Infection QIA LAN March 2020
- Antibiotic Use in the United States, 2017: Progress and Opportunities
- Bloodstream Infection (BSI) QIA LAN April 3, 2018
- Bloodstream Infections
- CDC Interactive Hand Washing Resource
- Environmental Surface Disinfection in Dialysis Facilities: Notes for Clinical Managers
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Dialysis Event Surveillance: Improving and Using Data for Infection Monitoring: Presentation
- Your 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Poster
- Home Dialysis Quality Improvement Activity (QIA) LAN
- Patient Experience of Care (PEOC)
- Population Health: Focus on Pain Management LAN
- Supporting Gainful Employment of ESRD Patients
- Transplant QIA LAN
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Network 15 Podcasts
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- Quality Improvement Activities
- ESRD Network 17
- HSAG: ESRD Network Events
- HSAG ESRD Alerts, Recalls, and Notices
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- HSAG HIIN