The goals of the Reducing Rates of Bloodstream Infections (BSI) QIA for facilities in the Network 17 service area include:
- Assisting at least 20 percent of the BSI QIA cohort to join a Health Information Exchange (HIE) or another evidence-based highly effective information transfer system as approved by the COR and SME to receive information relevant to positive blood cultures.
- Reducing the long-term catheter (LTC) rate by 2 percentage points from the 2016 baseline in dialysis facilities with an LTC rate greater than 15 percent.
- Reducing the semi-annual pooled mean for BSI by a relative 20 percent from the 2016 baseline in 20% of dialysis facilities with the highest rates of BSI.
Focus facilities will participate in the BSI QIA through September 30, 2018.
The goals of the Network 17 BSI QIA are to:
- Demonstrate a 20% relative reduction in the pooled mean rate of BSIs in the targeted QIA facilities.
- Involve patients in Learning and Action Network (LAN) meetings and activities.
- Engage focus facilities in Heath Information Exchanges (HIEs)
- Partnerships to improve health data communication
- Achieve 100% facility completion rate for National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) training.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- Join the HSAG HQIC Partnership
ESRD Networks Home
- ESRD Network 7
- ESRD Network 13
- ESRD Network 15
ESRD Network 17
- About Us
- For Patients and Families
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- For Providers
- Emergency Preparedness
Quality Improvement Activities
- Reducing Rates of Bloodstream Infections QIAs
- Reducing Long-Term Catheter (LTC) Use
- Increasing Rates of Patients on a Transplant Waitlist QIA
- Increasing Rates of Patients Dialyzing at Home QIA
- Improving Pain Assessment QIA
- Supporting Gainful Employment of ESRD Patients QIA
- Increasing Vaccination Rates
- Learning and Action Networks
- Care Transitions
- Continuing Education
- Contact Us
- Events Calendar
- ESRD Network 17 Agreement
- HSAG: ESRD Network Events
- HSAG ESRD Alerts, Recalls, and Notices
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)