Why Promote Gainful Employment?
Working promotes improved quality of life for patients and increases patient positivity by:
- Creating routines
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Boosting self-esteem
- Promoting a sense of purpose
- Enhancing social interaction
- Reducing risk for depression
The goals of the Supporting Gainful Employment for ESRD Patients Quality Improvement Activities (QIA) include:
- Screening and monitoring 100% of the facility’s eligible patient population for interest in Employment Network (EN) or Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program participation.
- Increasing the number of eligible patients referred to EN or VR programs by at least 10% from the facility baseline rate.
- Increasing the number of eligible patients receiving EN or VR services by at least 5% from the facility baseline rate.
For an overview of the QIA's goals, inclusion criteria, interventions, reporting requirements, best practices and more, view the 2019 Support Gainful Employment QIA orientation webinar.
2020 Support Gainful Employment QIA Orientation Webinar (PDF)
This webinar will provide an overview of the Support Gainful Employment QIA Goals, interventions, reporting requirements, best practices, available resources, QIA requirements and more.
Peter’s Success Story
This tool highlights a Ticket to Work success story that can be downloaded and printed for:
- Patients who are interested in VR and/or Ticket to Work.
- Use in creating a facility information bulletin board.
- Hosting a VR Lobby Day.
Ticket to Work Marketing Materials
Use this toolkit to:
- Create an informational VR bulletin board.
- Help plan and host a Lobby Day in your facility.
- Locate and download additional resources for your interested patients, including videos.
Support Gainful Employment Assessment Quality Improvement Activity (QIA) Tracker
Use this tracking and monitoring tool to accurately track and monitor patients' VR and/or EN status and activities.
Ticket to Work: Debunking the Three Biggest Myths About Disability and Work
This one-page aid from the Social Security administration addresses the three most common myths about how working will affect disability beneits and health care coverage.
Support Gainful Employment and CROWNWeb Reporting: A CROWNWeb Aid
Use this step-by step instructional tool as an aid for reporting Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Network activities in CROWNWeb.
Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Quality Improvement Activity (QIA) Monitoring Form
Use the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Quality Improvement Activity (QIA) Monitoring Form for tracking the number of VR-/EN-eligible, screened, referred and service-receiving patients and for discussion of progress toward goals during QAPI meetings.
Top Tips for Engaging Patients and Hosting a Successful Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and Employment Network (EN) Lobby Day
A one-page tool providing practical advice for organizing and hosting a productive and successful Lobby Day.
Interested in Returning to Work or School? Did you know...
A one-page resource for patients that summarizes the benefits of VN and ER services and offers the patient perspective on returning to work and VR.
Could You Be Ready for Work or School?
This one-page resource helps patients determine if they are ready to go back to school or work.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
ESRD Networks Home
ESRD Network 7
- About Us
- For Patients and Families
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- For Providers
- Emergency Preparedness
- Quality Improvement Activities
- Learning and Action Networks
- Care Transitions
- Contact Us
- Continuing Education
- Events Calendar
- ESRD Network 13
- ESRD Network 15
- ESRD Network 17
- HSAG: ESRD Network Events
- HSAG ESRD Alerts, Recalls, and Notices
- ESRD Network 7
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services