End stage renal disease (ESRD) quality improvement activities (QIAs) are designed to assist dialysis facilities and transplant centers to achieve optimal clinical outcomes and experience of care for all dialysis and kidney transplant patients. Network 15’s QIAs are focused on enhancing the quality of service for Medicare beneficiaries by:
- Gathering information systematically to clarify issues or problems.
- Implementing interventions to achieve improvements.
- Measuring quality outcomes.
- Incorporating the patient voice in all activities to maximize learning
and cooperation between providers and patients through shared decision-making.
- Supporting the spread of best practices.
To support facilities with identifying barriers, examining solutions and monitoring for rapid cycle improvement, the Network has created the Rapid Cycle Improvement Training Resource (PDF) to guide facilities through the quality improvement process. For additional information about Network QIAs for 2020 and access to QIA documents, trackers, toolkits and best practices, read more below. Download the ESRD Network 15 2020 QIAs for 2020 (PDF) or the Network 17 QIA Overview (PDF).
To assist with quality improvement (QI) within your organization, review the following videos on QI, finding the root cause, and the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle:
- Illustrated Look at Quality Improvement in Health Care (8.09 minutes)
- 5 Whys: Finding the Root Cause (1.15 minutes)
- PDSA Cycle: Plan-Do-Study-Act (Part 1)(4.45 minutes)
If your organization missed a live Learning and Action Network (LAN) call, you may use the Missed LAN Call Worksheet.
New Resource: Getting Back to Me: A Goal-Setting Journey (PDF)
Use this workbook to help patients identify personal goals and set a plan to achieve them. This resource was developed by kidney patients and family members and designed to help restore a sense of dignity and increase self-esteem through goal-setting.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
ESRD Networks Home
- About Us
- Contact Us
- For Patients and Families
- For Providers
- ESRD Network 7
- ESRD Network 13
- ESRD Network 15
- ESRD Network 17
- ESRD Network 18
- HSAG ESRD Alerts, Recalls, and Notices
- Behavioral Health
- Continuing Education
- Data Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Home Dialysis
- Antibiotic Use in Hemodialysis (2013) - Network 7
- Antibiotic Use in the United States, 2017: Progress and Opportunities
- CDC Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship
- CDC Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings
- CDC Interactive Hand Washing Resource
- Clean Hands Save Lives! - Network 17
- Environmental Surface Disinfection in Dialysis Facilities: Notes for Clinical Managers
- Hand Hygiene Pledge - Patients - Network 17
- Healthcare-Associated Infection LANs
- Infection Prevention and Monitoring in the Dialysis Setting
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Dialysis Event Surveillance: Improving and Using Data for Infection Monitoring: Presentation
- Reducing Long-Term Catheter (LTC) Use
- Reducing Rates of Bloodstream Infections QIA
- Stop! Sticker: Antibiotic Order
- Washing Your Access - Network 17
- Your 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Poster
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- Readmissions and Hospitalizations
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)