Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PT.
Did you know that restraining nursing home residents with antipsychotic medications is, in many ways, the same as restraining them with devices? For nursing home residents with dementia, there are many safe, simple, and low- or no-cost tactics and techniques for managing behavior that do not require the use of antipsychotic medications.
The National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NNHQCC) Change Package provides a “change bundle” for reducing the unnecessary use of antipsychotics in nursing home residents with dementia. This webinar will provide an overview of the change bundle and give you a firm foundation to begin antipsychotic reduction in your facility.
- Employ the “Change Bundle: Avoidance of Unnecessary Antipsychotic Medications in Nursing Home Residents Living with Dementia.”
- Adopt techniques to create meaningful relationships and activities with residents.
- Implement best-practice strategies for identifying and treating physical and mental conditions in residents with dementia.
- Develop new ideas for creating a calming environment for residents.
- Define a consistent approach to minimize the use of antipsychotic medications.