Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
Join HSAG Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN) and St. Joseph Health Orange County for an informational session to discuss navigating care transitions for homeless patients. St. Joseph Health will provide an update of their organizational processes for meeting the discharge requirements for the homeless populations and California Senate Bill 1152. In addition to sharing implementation strategies, barriers, revisions, and collaborations, St. Joseph’s director of case management and social services will highlight the continued and future framework identified to stratify the care continuum for the homeless and disparate patient.
- Identify one hospital's approach to implementation of care transitions for the homeless patient.
- Describe barriers that make implementation challenging.
- Discuss and share collaborative approaches among hospitals applicable across the continuum of care.
- Melissa Ramirez, MSW, LCSW, CT, ACM, Director Case Management and Social Services, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Laurie Hensley, MHA, CPHQ, Senior Clinical Improvement Advisor, HSAG HIIN
- Rebecca W. Sparks, MA, RN, LNC, CPPS, Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 1 contact hour. There is no charge to attend this event. You must attend the live version to receive CE credit.