Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT.
The Center at Twenty-Three Hundred
2300 Sierra Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95825
Networking breakfast: 8 a.m., program begins: 9 a.m.
Join Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) for a day of learning.
Do you have the tools to take action to improve California's opioid crisis?
Add to your toolbox by attending the conference and you will receive a physical toolkit containing valuable resources to support your efforts!
- Free copy of the bestseller book Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic, by Sam Quinones
- Prescriber and Pharmacy Tip Sheets
- Surgeon General's Advisory on Naloxone
- Handout Talking to Your Patients About Opioids
- And more!
- Analyze the opioid-use-disorder disease process, its natural course, and how treatment alters it.
- Explore the national and California landscapes of the opioid crisis.
- Identify challenges and misperceptions regarding opioid use and treatment.
- Discover interventions, resources, and clinical practices to improve person-centered care.
- Share success stories and reinforce continued efforts to find solutions.
Who Should Attend:
Leaders and clinicians from—
- Acute care hospitals
- Behavioral health hospitals
- Post-acute care: nursing homes, home health agencies
- Community organizations
Cost: $25 per person (covers cost of parking, breakfast, lunch, and all-day beverages).
Limit 5 people per facility.
- California's Opioid Public Health Emergency
California Department of Public Health (Steve Wirtz, Christine Fenlon)
- Opioid Use Disorder: Causes, Effects, and Outcomes
John Sorboro, MD, ABPN—Diplomate, American Society of Addiction Medicine; Chief Medical Officer for Behavioral Health, Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG)
- Harm Reduction: Overdose Preventions and Naloxone Education
Bob Haras, MSW—Outreach HIV/HCV Test Counselor, Harm Reduction Services
- Opioid Reduction in Action
Aimee Moulin, MD—Emergency Physician and Assistant Residency Director at UC Davis, current president of Cal ACEP, and ED-BRIDGE Central Valley Regional Coordinator
Joel Wingelman, Senior Events Coordinator, HSAG
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 5 contact hours. Application has been made to the California Nursing Home Administrator Program, #CEP1729, for 5 continuing education credits, pending approval.
1. California Department of Public Health. California Opioid Overdose Surveillance Dashboard. https://discovery.cdph.ca.gov/CDIC/ODdash/
2. Lembke A, Chen J. Use of Opioid Agonist Therapy for Medicare Patients in 2013. JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73(9): 990–992.
3. CMS. Opioid Misuse Strategy 2016. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/Partnerships/Downloads/CMS-Opioid-Misuse-Strategy-2016.pdf.