Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT.
Pasadena Convention Center
300 E. Green St.
Pasadena, CA 91101
Networking breakfast: 8 a.m., program begins: 9 a.m.
Registration for this event is closed.
Do you have the tools to take action to improve California's opioid crisis?
Add to your toolbox by attending the conference and you will receive a physical toolkit containing valuable resources to support your efforts!
- Free copy of the bestseller book Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic, by Sam Quinones
- Prescriber and Pharmacy Tip Sheets
- Surgeon General's Advisory on Naloxone
- Handout Talking to Your Patients About Opioids
- And more!
- Analyze the opioid-use-disorder disease process, its natural course, and how treatment alters it.
- Explore the national and California landscapes of the opioid crisis.
- Identify challenges and misperceptions regarding opioid use and treatment.
- Discover interventions, resources, and clinical practices to improve person-centered care.
- Share success stories and reinforce continued efforts to find solutions.
Who Should Attend:
Leaders and clinicians from—
- Acute care hospitals
- Behavioral health hospitals
- Post-acute care: nursing homes, home health agencies
- Community organizations
Cost: $25 per person (covers cost of parking, breakfast, lunch, and all-day beverages).
Limit 5 people per facility.
Joel Wingelman, Senior Events Coordinator, HSAG
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 5 contact hours. Application has been made to the California Nursing Home Administrator Program, #CEP1729, for 5 continuing education credits, pending approval.
1. California Department of Public Health. California Opioid Overdose Surveillance Dashboard. https://discovery.cdph.ca.gov/CDIC/ODdash/
2. Lembke A, Chen J. Use of Opioid Agonist Therapy for Medicare Patients in 2013. JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73(9): 990–992.
3. CMS. Opioid Misuse Strategy 2016. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/Partnerships/Downloads/CMS-Opioid-Misuse-Strategy-2016.pdf.