Thursday, August 24, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Summary from 8/24 Pacing Event: “Examining Efforts around Antibiotic Stewardship”
This Pacing Event examined antibiotic stewardship work at the hospital and national levels to provide information, examples of efforts, and emerging work on this topic. Specifically, the event featured one hospital’s efforts to improve stewardship through a multifaceted approach that includes examining available data and working to identify patient risk, as well as emerging efforts around C.diff to examine real-time surveillance and readmissions. In addition, the event highlighted the important role of bedside nurses in antibiotic stewardship, including linking their work to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Antibiotic Stewardship Core Elements.
To discuss these topics, the session featured presentations from:
- Liza Vaezi, MSc, PharmD, BCPS-AQID, from the Virginia Mason Medical Center (WSHA HIIN), who presented a sample of her hospital’s work, including an evaluation of pneumonia cases to examine antibiotic use and how that work informed other efforts, as well as discussion about their emerging work on C.diff; and
- Sharon Morgan, MSN, RN, NP-C, from the American Nurses Association (ANA), who discussed the collaborative efforts of the ANA and the CDC in establishing a workgroup to examine the role of nurses in antibiotic stewardship, including the group’s findings and recommendations.
To view and download slides from this Pacing Event, click here.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services