Thursday, August 10, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Summary from 8/10 Pacing Event: “Pressure Injury Prevention: Moving the Needle in Acute Care”
This Pacing Event for HIIN Leadership and Improvement Advisors served as an opportunity to continue to work towards the PfP’s aims in pressure injury reductions. As HIINs continue to work to identify challenges and solutions around pressure injury prevention, this session aimed discussed barriers and strategies for addressing them by leveraging the national-level work of the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) and the Veterans Affairs (VA) health care system’s Pressure Injury Prevention Program.
Specifically, the session featured presentations from:
- Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN, and Janet Cuddigan, PhD, RN, CWCN, FAAN (University of Nebraska Medical Center), from the NPUAP, who discussed challenges to pressure ulcer reductions and what HIINs can do to overcome these challenges and “move the needle;” as well as share the emerging topics and science in pressure injury prevention that will be highlighted at the NPUAP’s March 2018 conference.
- Shantia McCoy-Jones, MSN, RN, CRNP, CWCN, from the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center in PA, who discussed her work in the VA’s Pressure Injury Prevention and Management program, including aspects of the program that have impacted results in the VA’s hospitals and how HIINs can leverage the VA’s lessons learned.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services
- Medicare News
- QIO News