Thursday, July 20, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Summary from 7/20 Pacing Event: “Engaging Physicians in Patient Safety Work”
Fostering physician engagement and developing physician leaders are key components of successful quality improvement efforts. To drive and sustain change, health systems and hospitals must create the systems and structures that support physician engagement. This Pacing Event highlighted strategies and best practices that HIINs and hospitals can implement to generate and sustain enthusiasm and activation among physicians. Speakers explored ways to support physician engagement across different hospital settings, sizes, and resource levels. Specifically, this session featured presentations from:
- Vineet Goel, MD, from the Carolinas HealthCare System HIIN, who discussed the Carolinas HealthCare System’s work to develop physician leaders across a diverse hospital system and provider networks, resulting in significant sepsis improvements;
- Robert Wiebe, MD, from the Dignity Health HIIN, who presented Dignity Health’s physician leadership program, which has demonstrated the value of a patient safety approach, leading with safety, quality, and experience as an effective way to drive improvement; and
- Roger Leonard, MD, MedStar Health, who discussed strategies for engaging physicians in the work of Patient and Family Advisory Councils.
To view and download slides from this Pacing Event, click here.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services
- Medicare News
- QIO News