Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT.
This fast-paced series of 8 virtual learning sessions begins May 23, 2017. One continuing Education credit from the California Board of Registered Nursing is offered for each session. Pharmacy staff members and secure data portal administrators are encouraged to attend. There is no cost to attend.
The session begins with a report-out from hospitals on their developed aims and data collection processes.
• Examine basics of data analysis, including tips for run charts.
• Discover the concept of a driver diagram to identify primary and secondary drivers for improvement.
• Explore the campaign’s shared “First Focus” in each ADE type.
• Review the improvement tools: three questions, plan-do-study-act (PDSA), and rapid-cycle improvement.
• Prepare to gather baseline (2015) and monthly data (January 2017 to current), place the data on a run chart, and conduct one PDSA cycle.
Save these dates! Future sessions, 12:30-1:30 p.m. (PT):
Session 3: June 20. Mapping the Way
Session 4: July 25. Implementing Change
Session 5: August 8. Opportunities to Improve the Use of Oral Anticoagulants
Session 6: August 17. Strategies to Accelerate Improvement in Opioid Safety
Session 7: September 19. Glycemic Control
Session 8: October 3. Engaging Patients and Family Members in the Reduction of ADEs