Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Summary from 6/15 Pacing Event: “Readmissions and Health Equity: Identifying and Addressing Specific Population Needs”
This Pacing Event explored readmissions reductions through strategies and interventions related to identifying and addressing health disparities. The session highlighted examples from two hospitals that are in different stages of their innovative efforts to implement population-specific interventions to achieve reduced readmissions.
Specifically, this session included presentations and perspectives from:
- Christi Barney, RN, MSN, Director of Patient Safety, Quality, Infection Control and Accreditation at Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital in Massachusetts (HRET HIIN), who discussed her hospital’s efforts to drill down into their readmissions data to identify population-specific needs and challenges, and their early journey and lessons learned from their interventions; and
- Kavita Bhavan, MD, MHS, from UT Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Health and Hospital System in Dallas, Texas (Vizient HIIN), who discussed her work to teach uninsured patients to administer needed IV antibiotics at home, and the results this effort has had on reducing readmissions, cost savings, and patient and staff satisfaction.
- D’Anna Holmes, patient advocate, shared her insights regarding the importance of considering the uniqueness of each patient and their family as care is provided and discharges from the hospital are planned.
To view and download slides from this Pacing Event, click here.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services