Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PT.
While much emphasis has been placed on the improvement of IV infusion safety, there remains a limited amount of standardized safe practices associated with IV push injection safety. This webinar will describe the latest changes in procedural and practice expectations and will educate participants about Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) guidelines for adult IV push medications, which were developed as a result of a national summit. Expert speakers will discuss strategies for identifying and managing the risks associated with IV push injection, including those associated with unsafe unit-based preparation, unsafe injection practices, and limited training and guidance.
• Clinical educators
• Pharmacy and nursing managers and administrators
• Medication safety and patient safety officers
• Risk and quality managers
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Identify the most common unsafe practices and at-risk behaviors associated with the preparation and administration of IV push medications to adults.
• Discuss safe practices associated with the use of IV push medications for adults.
• Describe the anticipated challenges to the implementation of ISMP's IV Push Guidelines.
• Recognize the role of nursing leadership in the attainment of safe IV push practices in adults.
Michael R. Cohen, RPh, MS, ScD (hon.), DPS (hon.), FASHP- President, ISMP
IV Push Medication Use: Understanding the Risk and Safety Challenges
Michelle Mandrack, MSN, RN Director of Consulting Services, ISMP
Taking a Lead in Advancing Medication Safety: ISMP Safe Practice Guidelines for Adult IV Push Medications Susan Paparella, MSN, RN Vice President, ISMP
This non-accredited webinar is sponsored by Fresenius Kabi.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- Join the HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- HSAG HIIN