Thursday, September 28, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Summary from 9/28 Pacing Event: “Building a Business Case for Health Equity”
This week’s Pacing Event addressed disparities in health care by providing HIINs and their partner hospitals with strategies, successes, and lessons learned around securing the needed buy-in and engagement of C-Suite hospital leaders in efforts to reduce disparities. This event focused on information and guidance that will help hospitals build a business case for the needed collection and use of data, as well as the design and implementation of interventions to address identified disparities. The session provided an exciting opportunity to hear from various perspectives on and lessons learned around the business case for health equity, including that of a C-Suite level champion in this work.
Specifically, this session featured presentations from:
- Stephen K. Jones, FACHE, Senior Policy Fellow at the E.J. Bloustein School of Planning & Public Policy at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and former Chief Academic Officer for RWJBarnabas Health, who discussed the work and successes of RWJ University Hospital in addressing health equity, as well as shared his perspective as a C-Suite level executive around keys to success in building a business case that other hospitals and systems can leverage;
- Jillian Rose, LCSW, MPH, Assistant Director of Community Engagement, Diversity and Research in the Department of Social Work Programs at the Hospital for Special Surgery, who shared her hospital’s work to address health disparities and focused on lessons learned around building a business case for the hospital’s C-Suite, including the information executives seek most frequently;
- Yanling Yu, PhD, a patient advocate who works at the University of Washington, who provided the patient and family engagement perspective on the business case for health equity; and
- Alexandra Bryden, MPP, CMS Office of Minority Health (OMH), who directed the audience to existing resources on health equity and disparities, as well as discussed resources that are under development to assist hospitals with building a business case for addressing disparities.
To view and download slides from this Pacing Event, click here.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- Join the HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Pharmacy and Quality Measurement Division
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- Quality Payment Program Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- HSAG HIIN