Thursday, September 21, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PT.
Summary from 9/21 Pacing Event: “Successful C. diff Reduction Strategies: Moving Beyond Bundle Implementation”
Implementing a bundle is an evidence-based approach for combating Clostridium difficile (C. diff). However, the success of the approach requires more than simply implementing the bundle. This Pacing Event focused on the additional strategies and tools – including leadership support, the review of C. diff order sets and cases, as well as the role of antimicrobial stewardship – for HIINs and hospitals to implement in their work to improve the management of risk factors contributing to C. diff incidence and spread.
This session featured presentations from:
- Roy Boukidjian MSN, PHN, CIC, NE-BC, System Director of Infection Prevention at Dignity Health, who discussed strategies for engaging leadership, particularly with regards to providing the allocation of required resources;
- Wendy Kaler MPH, CIC, Director of Infection Prevention at Dignity Health-Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, who discussed the review of C. diff orders and cases to focus appropriate performance improvement plans as well as the importance of engaging and educating frontline staff at all levels;
- Jenna Winokur and Wing Lee, MBBS, MPH, from the New York State PfP HIIN, who discussed their strategies for incorporating New York’s C. diff efforts into their antimicrobial stewardship work to reduce the emergence of C. diff; and
- Katie Coutts-White, MPH, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), who discussed the TAP tools and available CDC support for reducing C. diff.
To view and download slides from this Pacing Event, click here.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services