Thursday, October 11, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT.
Onsite Registration will be Available
John Muir Medical Center
1601 Ygnacio Valley Road
Walnut Creek, CA 9459
HSAG HIIN invites you to attend our Improvement Leader Symposium in October 2018. Join us for this no-cost, in-person workshop to recognize the hard work that all of our hospitals have done and hear from peer organizations that have produced rapid, sustained improvement across the HIIN topic areas. We will examine overall HIIN performance to date and discuss future goals. The day will also feature sessions on future HIIN strategies for opioid stewardship, reducing healthcare disparities, and patient and family engagement (PFE) as a lever for safety.
Lunch will be $16 per person and includes a light breakfast, lunch, and all-day beverages.
- Summarize HSAG HIIN progress toward reaching project goals.
- Outline best practices used by peer organizations to drive improvement in HIIN topic areas.
- Describe a mechanism for applying best practices and lessons learned in improvement at the local level for HIIN topic areas.
- Discuss the key framework for improvement across the HIIN in healthcare disparities and the relationship to improving safety in HIIN clinical topic areas.
- Identify the framework and plans for improvements in opioid prescribing across HIIN hospitals and regional efforts to standardize practices.
Download the Presentations:
- Opioid Stewardship presentation
- Disparities presentation
- Influencing Change When Change is Difficult
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 5.5 contact hours, pending approval.