Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
Topic: Understanding the Use of Opioids and Identifying High-Risk Populations
The effects of opioid misuse and overdose have become a national epidemic. Answering this national problem requires a multi-pronged approach to achieve improvement. Hospitals can help to achieve the goal of reducing harm from opioid medications through strategic opioid stewardship programs. Join HSAG HIIN for the opioid stewardship sessions to learn how your organization can help to make a positive difference in your community.
Learn from the subject matter expert in session one:
- Describe opioid receptor functions and their role in the central nervous system.
- Learn how to discuss the broad class of opioids and the role in managing pain.
- Learn how to identify risks and benefits of opioid use.
- Discuss the challenges and strategies for identifying high-risk populations when prescribing opioids.
John Sorboro, MD, ABPN, Diplomate, ASAM, Board-Certified Addiction Treatment Specialist Consultant, Subject Matter Expert, Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG)
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 1 contact hour. Pending approval. There is no charge to attend this event.
- Contact Us
- HSAG HIIN
- Medicare Provider Services
- Patients and Families
- ESRD Networks Home
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- National Contracts
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)
- Survey Administration
- Other Services
- Medicare News
- QIO News