Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET.
Preventive services are historically the most underutilized of Medicare's covered benefits, even though there is little to no cost for the beneficiary. First Coast has specifically identified infrequent billing of newer preventive services, such as screenings for depression and alcohol misuse and behavioral counseling for alcohol misuse.
What will you learn?
This session will provide an overview of proper billing for these services by addressing:
- Code definitions and proper use of
- G0442 -- Annual screening for alcohol misuse
- G0443 -- Brief face-to-face behavioral counseling for alcohol misuse
- G0444 -- Annual screening for depression
- Services provided with the initial preventive physical examination or annual wellness visit
- Providing services with E/M visits
- Documentation requirements for these codes
- Resources available to provide further knowledge of these services
This session is a cooperative effort with First Coast Service Options, Inc., and HSAG. Don't let this opportunity to learn more about screenings to prevent illnesses and promote better health pass you by!
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)