Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET.
The New England Quality Innovation Network—the Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut—is hosting an upcoming webinar on the Zika virus featuring a prestigious panel of physician experts who will discuss recent updates and concerns related to Zika virus infection. Participants will learn the latest information about Zika and gain a better understanding of the role of clinicians in patient education, prevention, early recognition, testing, and reporting of suspected cases.
- Moderator: Chris Campanile, MD, family physician, Coastal Hillside Family Medicine, Pawtucket, RI, NE QIN-QIO Consultant
- Panelist: Michael Smit, MD, Hasbro Children's Hospital; Specialties: Infectious disease medicine
- Panelist: Jeffrey Bratberg, PharmD, BCPS, clinical professor, University of Rhode Island; Specialties: infectious disease, emergency preparedness, public/population health
- Panelist: Erica J. Hardy, MD, MA, MMSc, Woman & Infants Hospital; Specialties: infectious disease and obstetric medicine
- Describe the epidemiology, clinical manifestations, testing, reporting, management, and prevention of Zika virus disease
- Provide recommendations to patients about possible Zika virus exposure and implications
- Discuss evaluation of infants with with microcephaly and the relationship of Zika with microcephaly
- Identify pharmacist-driven interventions that will increase awareness of and promote Zika virus disease prevention in the community
For more information on the event, contact Russell Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401.528.3226.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)