Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
Antibiotic stewardship is the effort to measure and improve how antibiotics are prescribed by clinicians and used by patients. In this webinar, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevent (CDC) will discuss CDC's Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship, which provides a framework for implementing antibiotic stewardship in outpatient settings.
Presenter: Katherine Fleming-Dutra, MD is a pediatric emergency physician and a medical epidemiologist with Office of Antibiotic Stewardship in the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Her areas of concentration include outpatient and pediatric antibiotic stewardship.
- Discuss outpatient antibiotic prescribing epidemiology in the United States.
- Describe the importance of antibiotic stewardship in outpatient settings.
- List the Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship to improve antibiotic prescribing in outpatient settings.
This webinar offers CE for Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Health Educators, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Medical Residents, Epidemiologists, Laboratorians, and Administrators.
For additional information regarding core elements of hospital antibiotic stewardship programs click here.
For additional information regarding core elements of antibiotic stewardship for nursing homes click here.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)