Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. PT.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has anticipated electronic communication between providers and patients as they implement the Quality Payment Program under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). However, many providers are unaware of the regulations and professional guidelines related to email communication between physicians and patients. This webinar will offer an overview of the regulatory landscape and provide tips on how to integrate email best practices at the physician office level. Join Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) Project Manager, Emily Melbourn, BS, to gain a foundational understanding of how to undertake electronic communication with patients that is aligned with federal and professional standards.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the federal regulations governing electronic communication between physicians and patients.
- Distinguish the email guidelines from the American Medical Association apart from other industry best practices.
- Create physician office policies surrounding email communication between the physician and their patients.
Download the presentation handout.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)