Thursday, September 22, 2016, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Public policies within and outside the health sector have a significant impact on population health and health inequities. Given its role in ensuring population health and eliminating health inequities, the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) initiated efforts to apply a health equity lens to proposed state legislation. New leadership in 2013 prompted a push to apply a health equity lens to bill analyses. In response to this request, for the 2015 state legislative session, the department successfully added two requirements to help focus its review process on health inequities for its bill analysis:
- Describe any positive or negative impact the bill may have on tribal health concerns.
- Describe any positive or negative impact the bill may have on health equity or health disparities.
This webinar will discuss how the department used policy and administrative levers to make this change.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)