Thursday, May 4, 2017, 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. ET.
Join Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) for this educational webinar addressing infection control in long-term care (LTC). Joseph M. Mylotte, MD, FIDSA, FSHEA, FACP, Professor of Emeritus of Medicine University of Buffalo will provide an overview of infection control in long-term care.
- Review the components of an infection control program for LTC.
- Emphasize the important role of nursing home staff in the infection control and antibiotic stewardship programs in LTC.
- Review the problem of antibiotic (ABX) resistance and ABX overuse in LTC.
- Understand the rationale for and elements of an antibiotic stewardship program in LTC.
Health Services Advisory Group is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing through the American Nurses Credentialing Center, Provider Number 16578, for 1.0 contact hour. There is no charge for attendance of this event. Provider approved by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators, Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition, and Florida Board of Pharmacy, Provider Number 50-747, for 1.0 contact hour.
References for presentation available here. (This reference list also includes links to useful materials for infection control and Antibiotic Stewardship.)
Q & A Handout: This handout provides answers to questions asked during the webinar.
Appendix A: Infection Report Form for Long-Term Care (Dr. Jospeh Mylotte's version of an infection surveillance form that can be utilized by long-term care staff members.)
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)