Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT.
St. John's Regional Medical Center
1600 North Rose Avenue
Oxnard, CA 93030
1-1:30 p.m. Registration, welcome, and refreshment
1:30-2:30 p.m. Teach-back training and activities
2:30-3 p.m. Q&A
Train Ventura County Hospital to Home Alliance Members Teach-Back Model for improved communications with patients, families and caregivers.
Who Should Attend
Hospital and post-acute providers, especially:
- Anyone providing discharge information to the patient, families or caregivers
- Discharge planners in all settings
- Case managers in all settings
- Home health nurses and liaisons
- Nursing home frontline staff members and discharge planners
What is Teach-Back?
Teach back is a way to confirm that the patient understands the information that he or she needs to know because it is “taught back” to the provider in the patient’s own words. It is an evidence-based communication technique that helps improve patient care, outcomes, and satisfaction.
Contact Gina Fleming, firstname.lastname@example.org, 818.265.4677
Continuing Education (CE)
Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 1 contact hour, pending approval. There is no charge for attendance of this event.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/P4P)