Thursday, May 31, 2018, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PT.
During this webinar HSAG will address antibiotic resistance and provide a brief overview of the nursing home training session (NHTS) 3. NHTS 3 covers antibiotic resistance and how it develops, existing threats from antibiotic resistant organisms, the opportunities that exist for improving the judicious use of antibiotics, and strategies and resources to decrease the development of antibiotic resistance and prevent the spread of antibiotic resistant bacteria in long-term care organizations.
This session is one of a series of six sessions for nursing homes to support implementation of principles and practices of antibiotic stewardship and prevention and management of C. difficile infections.
- Describe what is meant by antibiotic resistance.
- Explain how antibiotic resistance develops.
- Define key antibiotic resistant organisms in healthcare.
- Employ strategies to decrease the development and spread of antibiotic resistance.
Webinar PowerPoint Presentation
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)