Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
Join the HSAG Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN) for an informational town hall session exploring the opioid crisis in rural communities. Subject matter expert John Sorboro, MD, will provide an educational presentation tailored to rural and critical access hospitals (CAHs), allowing time for questions and answers, and discussion. Please share this invitation not only with your hospital staff members but with community partners as well (e.g., police, fire, emergency medical teams, and etc.).
- Explore the high rates of substance use including opioid use prevalent in rural areas.
- Discuss factors which contribute to high rates of substance abuse in rural communities.
- Examine obstacles rural healthcare providers and communities face in dealing with the opioid crisis.
- Determine opportunities for substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- John Sorboro, MD, ABPN, Diplomat, ASAM, Chief Medical Officer, Behavioral Health, HSAG
- Geoff Granseth, MPH, CIC, Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN
- Martha Ackman, MA, BSN, CPHQ, Quality Advisor, HSAG HIIN
Continuing Education (CE): Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., is the CE provider for this event. Provider approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16578, for 1 contact hour. There is no charge to attend this event.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)