The Everyone with Diabetes Counts program gives providers an opportunity to expand diabetes self-management education (DSME) among their Medicare beneficiary patients, while also engaging the wider healthcare community to join the ranks of DMSE educators. This program serves as one example of HSAG's open, objective, and collaborative partnership in working across organizational, cultural, and geographic boundaries to share knowledge and resources with all stakeholders. Read about how Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs) are making a difference in working on diabetes in the 2017 QIO Program Progress Report.
Who Can Join EDC?
Eligible professionals, including those from federally qualified health centers and rural health centers, as well as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, optometrists, oral surgeons, dentists, and chiropractors are welcome to join EDC. Community organizations and stakeholder groups also are welcome to support EDC in any of the following ways:
- Spread the word about upcoming no-cost DSME classes in your community.
- Provide meeting locations for DSME classes.
- Encourage your members to become DSME-trained in our DSME peer-leader training classes.
- Defray educational material expenses.
- Provide transportation or child care for DSME classes on behalf of registered participants.
What Are the Benefits of Joining EDC?
If you are focused on improving diabetes care management and you qualify under the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements, you will receive no-cost:
- Electronic health record technical assistance to identify patients who are pre-diabetic.
- Access to opportunities for your patients to attend a diabetes prevention education program, helping you to proactively manage your patients with diabetes, preventing avoidable hospitalizations and adverse drug events.
Joining EDC also will allow you to:
- Empower your patients with diabetes with the confidence to better manage their disease.
- Access local, no-fee classes for Medicare beneficiaries you serve.
- Learn about best practices to improve diabetes care.
- Become a DSME trainer in your local area through no-cost DSME trainings from HSAG.
- Increase the number of community residents trained in DSME, broadening public knowledge.
How Can I Join or Find Out More About EDC?
Complete the sign-up form to support this important program or to get more information. An HSAG team member will contact you shortly.