Arizona nursing homes, your pledge commits your organization to the following actions January 1–September 30, 2018:
- Establish a Reducing Readmissions Committee and submit a roster of their contact information. Identify the lead champion for the committee.
- Track and trend daily your Medicare Fee-for-Service 30-day readmissions data, either through electronic health record (EHR) or another tool. 30-day readmissions are defined as hospital stays readmitted within 30 days of hospital discharge.
- Conduct at least one Performance Improvement Project (PIP) that is specific to reducing readmissions.
- Participate in HSAG learning opportunities addressing readmission topics, including common clinical changes of conditions, intervention strategies, and coaching calls.
- After this program, create a storyboard of your organization’s readmissions project. Templates will be provided.
Note: If you prefer, you may complete a PDF version of the agreement and fax it back.
If you are located in California, please go to those state pages: California Agreement.
I pledge to engage in the actions listed above and commit my organization to participate in the HSAG 2018 Reducing Readmissions Preparation Program.