HSAG has assembled a set of communication materials, designed to help providers, stakeholders, and partners enroll Medicare beneficiary patients into the Everyone with Diabetes Counts (EDC) diabetes self-management education (DSME) classes and to encourage the training of DSME trainers. These materials contain fillable fields for customization, ready for download.
- Recruitment flyer (one-sheet)
- Recruitment flyer for Area Agencies on Aging—Stanford Model (one-sheet)
- Recruitment flyer for Area Agencies on Aging 8—DEEP model (one-sheet)
- Prescription Referral Pad
- Doctor-to-patient letter
- Understanding Communications and Language Needs of Medicare Beneficiaries
- QIO Business Guide for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES)
In addition, there are background materials that may assist your understanding of the DSME curriculum involved in this EDC initiative:
- Stanford Model Workshop Overview
- Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
- Small Steps. Big Rewards. Game Plan toolkit for Providers (This toolkit is based on lifestyle modification strategies sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.)
For more information or questions regarding these materials, please contact Gail Gresko at 614.301.0053 or by email at email@example.com.