Receiving data from a patient and provider perspective is a critical component of assessing the quality, access, and timeliness of care. The use of surveys allows this information to be captured in a standardized method that would not otherwise be available through other data sources. Since 1999, HSAG has performed survey work for numerous state Medicaid agencies, managed care organizations, and federal organizations that address:
- Member and patient satisfaction
- Patient quality of life
- Patient experiences with dental care
- Patient experiences with care management services
- Provider satisfaction
HSAG is able to work with its customers to perform all critical components of a survey project including:
- Selecting and/or developing a survey instrument that fulfills customers’ survey requirements. Custom instruments have been translated to include a variety of languages (e.g., Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Ilocano, and Vietnamese).
- Developing and employing a survey administration methodology that maximizes response rates.
- Analyzing the survey data to address the objectives of the survey implementation.
- Providing comprehensive reports that leverage HSAG’s expertise in the area of surveys and quality improvement.
HSAG is currently recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as an NCQA-certified Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®)1/Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS2) Survey Vendor and Patient-Centered Medical Home CAHPS Survey Vendor. HSAG has successfully administered health plan CAHPS surveys since the program was implemented by NCQA in 1999.