If you have a concern about the care being provided to you or a family member in a dialysis facility or transplant center, you may call the Network at any time. However, you are encouraged to speak to the facility manager, charge nurse or social worker first. Each facility is required, by the Federal Regulations, to have a process to address/resolve concerns. The social worker in the facility is expected to be the patient's advocate.
The Network will serve as an advocate when addressing patient concerns in the dialysis facility or transplant center. The process involves investigating, educating and promoting communication so that all parties can work toward an acceptable resolution. If the Network has a concern about the safety of patients, it is immediately forwarded to the Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) for onsite investigation. If you, as a patient or family member ever have a safety concern, you may contact AHCA directly at 888.419.3456.
When the Network is contacted regarding a concern or grievance, the following occurs:
- With permission, the Network will contact the dialysis facility or transplant center on the grievant's behalf to resolve the concern.
- A grievant may remain anonymous throughout the investigation of a concern; however, it may limit the Network's ability to investigate the specific concern.
- The Network will advocate for the patient's rights.
- The Network will make suggestions/recommendations to both the grievant and the dialysis facility.
- The Network may require the facility to forward documentation (treatment sheets, progress notes, etc) to us for review.
- The Network will follow-up, as needed, to make sure recommendations are followed.
The Network cannot:
- Mandate that a physician or dialysis facility/transplant center accept a patient.
- Request that a specific staff member provide your care.
- Change or direct dialysis facilitypolicies or procedures.
- Override Federal Regulations.
To contact the Network by phone, please dial 800.826.3773 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET), Monday through Friday.
You can submit your concern in writing by mailing it to:
HSAG: The Florida ESRD Network
3000 Bayport Drive, Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Download Patient Grievance Forms by clicking below:
Download Patient Grievance Posters by clicking below:
Click here to download a helpful tool for referencing the V-Tags and Interpretive Guidance Regarding Patient Grievances.
- About Us
- For Patients and Families
- Patient and Family Engagement (PFE)
- For Providers
- Emergency Preparedness
- Quality Improvement Activities for 2019
- Learning and Action Networks
- Contact Us
- Continuing Education
- Events Calendar